dhcpcd-7.0.8 has been released with the following changes:
- Don't use IP_PKTINFO on NetBSD-7 as it's incomplete.
- Workaround RTM_NEWADDR sending the wrong broadcast address on NetBSD-7.
- Silence diagnostics if an address vanishes when reading it's flags on all BSD's.
- Misc compiler warnings fixed.
As you can tell, this is a minor release so there's no rush to upgrade if you have no issues.
dhcpcd-7.0.7 has been released with the following changes:
- host routes work correctly again
- vlanid is also used to calculate slaac stable private addresses
dhcpcd-7.0.6 was also released a while back, I forgot to post a log for it, so here it is:
- fixed compile issues with prior release
- fixed carrier loss not being detected for IPv4
- UUID based DUID is used where available and no prior DUID exists
- dhcp: Clarified some checksumming code, style and commentary (thanks to Maxime Villard)
- dhcp6: IAID is now unique per IA type rather than global
- ip6: if an IA callback causes a fork, exit earlier
dhcpcd-7.0.5a was released with a compile fix for those wanting builds without IPv6
dhcpcd-7.0.5b was released with a compile fix for those wanting builds without IPv4LL
- OpenBSD: Fix adding INET6 on-link routes without an address
- Linux: Improve interface renaming
- Linux: If listening to dev manager, let it remove interfaces
- Routing: Fix case when cloning route changes but needs to be replaced
- DHCP6: Transpose DHCP userclass option into DHCP6
- DHCP6: Fix sending custom vendor class option
- Auth: Allow zero value replay detection data
- Auth: Allow different tokens for send and receive
- ND6: Warn if router lifetime is set to zero
- DHCP6: Softwire Address and Port-Mapped Clients, RFC7598
The Authentication changes allow DHCP6 Prefix Delegation from the French ISP Orange
A very important update:
- udev: uses the logerr framework so that udev debug goes into the debug file
- BSD: fix a segfault when IPv6 addresses are present and carrier changes (not NetBSD)
- dhcp6: fix a null termination overflow on status messages (dhcpcd-7 branch only)
- options: static routes can be setup in global context again
- routes: dhcpcd added host routes are now reported correctly
dhcpcd-7.0.0, 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 are vulnerable to the DHCP6 issue where the message is copied from the DHCP6 option into a buffer, but is NULL terminated beyond the size of the buffer. dhcpcd-6 is not vulnerable.