OK, it's not really in the news, but today I got a message of apprecation for what openresolv does.
Thanks for openresolv. If only the whole world used it...
dhcpcd-7.0.0-rc3 has been released with the following noteable changes:
- Fixed handling RA's from multiple routers
- Fixed changing to a better route based on gateway
- IPv6 default route is now deleted when config is not persistent
- Use hmac(3) if available in libc to reduce binary size
Here's the changelog:
- dhcp: fixed classless static routes
- prefix delegation: build routes after assigning addresses
- dhcp: on lease expiration, discover only when carrier
- ip6: fix potential segfault when lifetime overflows
- bsd: compile on recent OpenBSD platforms
- dhcp: fix reporting of DNS encoded SIP servers
- dhcp6: fix unicast in non master mode
All the critical issues people have highighted have now been resolved, so hopefully this is the last rc before release :)
[ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Got error 9 from storage engine
Nice error. Googling for it doesn't reveal much on how to fix it. The good news is that I only use MySQL for Phabricator and PostreSQL for everything else. The bad news is that my Phabricator instance is no longer working. The worse news is that I get the same error when trying to use backups, so there must be something else in play here.
Ideas on how to resolve this are welcome!
I'm desperately trying to retire a server i have. It's sole remaining task is to share the attached printer on the network via Samba. It uses CUPS as the backend.
Trying to print a test page gives
No such file or directory. That's nice, but it should at least say what the file or directory it cannot find actually is.
Trying to connect to the printer from a Windows machine (I can see the printer find in the server share) gives an error that it cannot connect, but nothing appears in the Samba or CUPS logs.
This is 2017, surely we have better diagnostics to solve these issues!