After being told that baselayout-1.12.0_pre9 broke openvpn, I took a look at its init script. This baby had good ideas, but was poorly executed, hence causing breakage. As luckyduck is currently AWOI (absent with out internet) I decided to fix it. I also fixed a fair few outstanding openvpn bugs (mainly enhancements).
The new script is 3 quarters the size of the existing script as I've taken advantage of knowing baselayout 😃
However, I've changed the config layout to match upstreams, so beware! Here's the default layout
- init.d/openvpn requires /etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf
- init.d/openvpn.foo requires /etc/openvpn/foo.conf
- init.d/openvpn.bar requires /etc/openvpn/bar.conf
openvpn.foo and openvpn.bar are symlinks to openvpn. Recognise this? net.ethx scripts work in a similar fashion. This allows us to start/stop each vpn.
Here's a list of the openvpn bugs I've fixed today:
- #98772 - optional iproute2 support
- #100943 - install all documentation
- #103711 - minimal support (don't build plugins)
- #105439 - start/stop specific vpns
- #105479 - enable static linking
- #107831 - don't error on files in /etc/openvpn
- #108945- fix init script for baselayout-1.12
Apologies to anyone this causes trouble to (maybe luckyduck, the openvpn maintainer - but he's away!) but the new config, init script and ebuild has solved every current outstanding openvpn bug reported in our bugzilla 8)