dhcpcd-7.2.2 has been released with the following fixes:
- DHCP: Ensure dhcp is running on the interface received from
- BSD: Link handling has been simplified, however it is expected that if an interface supports SIOCGIFMEDIA then it reports the correct link status via route(4) for reliable operations
- BPF: ARP filter is more robust
- BSD and sun: Validate RTM message lengths
This security issue has been addressed
- DHCPv6: Fix a potential read overflow with D6_OPTION_PD_EXCLUDE
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED YOU UPGRADE DHCPCD!
Patch for dhcpcd-7 if you don't want to upgrade to dhcpcd-7.2.2:
dhcpcd-6.11.7 has been released as well, with this in. I have no plans to fix earlier versions, heck you shouldn't even be using dhcpcd-6!
Many thanks to Maxime Villard email@example.com for discovering this issue.